I saw The A-Team last weekend, and was moved to make the following list of the top seven (not six, not eight) things I love about the movie:
- The fact that no one else does. Have you checked out the reviews? Scathing!
- Sharlto Copley. This man is outright FANTASTIC. Yes, mainly for his Division 9 work, but I absolutely love watching him. And, of course, listening to him spew Swahili.
- It doesn’t take itself too seriously. I really laughed out loud in quite a few places, and that’s saying something. Movies that make me laugh score high in my book.
- You can’t help but like the characters. And even though I am old enough to have seen The A-Team the first time around (an admission I don’t lightly make, mind you), I didn’t really watch much of it so these characters are almost new to me.
- The action scenes are really clever. Yes, flying a tank is preposterous, but damn if it isn’t fun to watch.
- Jessica Biel’s hair looked really thin. It’s always a bonus to find an actual flaw in one of the most beautiful women on earth.
- I saw it for free! So it was QUITE the good value entertainment.
See it. Now, one you can definitely skip is SPLICE. I could give you a list of 77 reasons why that movie is a piece of total crap. But that’s for another post...